Parmesan Shrimp Skewers
The shrimp and sweet peppers are sprinkled with Parmesan cheese before grilling. The coating develops a toasty, almost nutty taste that goes beautifully with the sweet shrimp.
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemon juice
- 2 white-wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 20) shelled and deveined
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Lemon wedges
1. Heat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal grill with medium coals.
2. In food processor, combine anchovies (if using), 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Puree until smooth. With machine running, slowly add oil. Set aside.Skewers:
3. In a bowl, combine shrimp, sweet peppers, half of the cheese-lemon juice mixture and the salt and pepper
4. Slide shrimp on four metal skewers, alternating with peppers. Place remaining peppers on separate skewer. Sprinkle all with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
5. Grill skewers 4 minutes. Flip over; top with remaining cheese. Grill 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice; drizzled with remaining cheese-lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.