Nutty Cream Cheese-Stuffed Celery
Ad these celery sticks filled with a savory cream cheese and walnut spread to a relish tray or serve them by themselves.
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/3 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed, separated into ribs, rinsed, leafy ends kept on
1. In medium-size bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in the walnuts, onion salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
2. Cut celery ribs into 3-inch pieces. Fill each with about 1 tablespoon of the filling.
3. Arrange the celery on a serving platter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes about 3-1/2 dozen pieces.