Glazed Carrots with Ginger
Ginger adds a pungent, spicy flavor to this yummy glazed carrot and golden raisin recipe that makes the perfect accompaniment to your favorite meat.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound small carrots, well scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, tilting pan to coat completely.
2. Add carrots and cook for 1 minute. Add sugar and stir to combine; cook for 1 minute.
3. Add chicken broth, grated ginger, raisins, salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm.