Baby's Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scrub sweet potato. Prick sweet potato all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Cool until easy to handle (about 30 minutes).
2. Peel sweet potato and puree in a food mill, baby food grinder, or small food processor. Use within 1 day, or freeze up to 1 month.To Freeze:
3. Spoon finished food into ice cube trays. Cover with waxed paper and freeze until firm. When ice cubes are frozen, remove cubes from tray and store in a resealable plastic freezer bag or freezer container. Label package with contents and date. Use within 1 month. Before serving, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.To Serve:
4. Heat thawed mixture to lukewarm in a small dish set in a pan of hot water. Stir before serving. Always sample a small bite to make sure the food is not too hot.