Asparagus and Pepper Stromboli
Refrigerated pizza dough forms the crust for this easy ham and cheese dinner recipe.
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 cup sliced yellow peppers
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 13.8 ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Black Forest ham
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a glass bowl, combine asparagus, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and Italian seasoning. Cover and microwave for 4 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
2. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet and shape into a rectangle. Place half of cheese onto bottom third of dough along its length. Spread veggie filling and ham onto cheese. Top with remaining cheese and roll up to shape stromboli. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.