This new spin on the popular sandwich uses ground turkey combined with zucchini, cheese, onion powder, and basil. Substitute a sandwich thin for the bun in this kid-favorite recipe.
- 1 package (about 1-1/4 pounds) ground turkey
- 1 medium-size zucchini, trimmed and grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Arnold's Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins or mulitigrain rolls
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Sliced tomato (optional)
1. Heat broiler, arranging rack so that burgers will be about 2 inches from heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, zucchini, cheese, salt, onion powder, basil and pepper. Mix well and form into four flat patties, each about 5 inches.
3. Place burgers on a broiler pan and broil 6 minutes. Carefully flip burgers and continue to broil an additional 6 minutes, or until burgers register 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Toast rolls, if desired. Stack rolls with burgers, lettuce leaves and sliced tomato. Serve warm.