- 1 8 1/2 ounce box corn bread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1 1/4 ounce package mild taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups frozen sweet pepper strips
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can kidney beans, undrained and slightly mashed
- 1 11 ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 2-quart casserole. Combine bread mix, milk, 1 tablespoon oil, egg and cayenne in bowl.
2. Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and taco seasoning mix; cook 5 minutes. Add onion, pepper, beans and corn; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Spread bread batter in prepared casserole. Top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Grease piece of foil; cover casserole.
4. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until browned and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.