Creamy Berry Pie
Although the melange of raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries is delightful enough to eat alone, it's even better spread over this cream cheese pie.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 graham cracker boards, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 6 ounce package raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
- 1/2 ounce white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Melt butter in microwave oven on HIGH 20 seconds. In a medium-size bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs, sugar and salt. Add butter; stir until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press up sides and into bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly pack crumbs. Refrigerate crust while making filling.Filling:
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Transfer softened gelatin to microwave; heat 15 to 30 seconds on HIGH. Stir until smooth. With mixer running, pour gelatin into cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Pour into chilled crust and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
4. Melt jelly in microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Gently toss with berries in large bowl. Remove plastic from pie; top pie with berries. Microwave chocolate and oil on HIGH 20 seconds. Drizzle over pie. Slice and serve.