Sweet Whole Wheat Couscous with Almonds and Dried Cherries
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla-flavored almond milk, vanilla-flavored soy milk, or fat-free milk*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 - 2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
1. Put the milk, water, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring just to boiling (watch carefully so it doesn't boil over). Stir in the couscous and orange peel; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the almonds and cherries. Serve immediately.
- If using fat-free milk, serve the couscous with a sprinkling of sugar.