Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 slice white sandwich bread, soaked in water and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 10 ounce jar grape jelly
- 1 12 ounce bottle of chili sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
1. Blend all but sauce ingredients and form into balls.
2. Place the meatballs in the slow-cooker.
3. Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over the meatballs.
4. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Excerpted from The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin' Community by Nicole Sparks and Jenna Marwitz. Copyright ©2012 by Crockin' Girls LLC. Reprinted with permission of The Five Star Institute.