Whether your traditional dressing starts with a base of bread cubes, cornbread, or rice, mix it with a bit of cheese and an egg to bind and you've got a knockout filling for these mouthwatering shrooms.
- 18 large button or cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
Make ItMake It:
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using a teaspoon or a melon baller, scoop out the center of the mushrooms.
3. Put the stuffing in a large bowl along with 1/2 cup of the cheese, the egg, and the parsley. Mix well and season with freshly ground pepper. If the mixture seems dry add 1 tablespoon water. Fill each mushroom generously with the stuffing mixture.
4. Put the mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle them with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is golden brown on top, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.