Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 3 - 3 1/2 pound spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 24 - 26 ounce jar pasta sauce, warmed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Fresh basil or parsley, coarsely chopped
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Split squash in half and remove seeds. Drizzle olive oil over cut sides of both halves. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and and crushed red pepper, if using. Sprinkle over both halves. Cut to fit a 4-quart slow cooker and arrange in cooker, cut sides down. Add water. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours or high-heat setting for 3 hours.
2. Remove and let cool enough to handle. Scrape squash flesh away from skin in spaghetti-like strands using a fork into a large bowl. Top with your favorite pasta sauce and sprinkle with fresh herbs and Parmesan. Makes 6 servings.
TipFor Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove the food from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.