Wacky Wonton Soup
This Asian style meatless soup is made with frozen wontons. It's like having an appetizer in your dinner instead of before it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32 ounce package reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 frozen wontons or Chinese dumplings
- 1 cup snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup shredded fresh spinach
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Gradually add wontons or dumplings. Return to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until dumplings are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in peas, green onions, soy sauce, and ginger. Let simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Stir in spinach just before serving.