Make this homemade vegetable soup recipe in less than 30 minutes. Marinara sauce from a jar gives the soup the flavor and body that usually comes with slow simmering.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 can (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large nonstick pot, cook onion and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add chicken broth, marinara sauce, kidney beans, celery and friozen mixed vegetables.
2. Bring to a boil and add ditalini pasta. Cook, covered, with lid slightly ajar, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Garnish with basil.