Easy Black-Bean Soup
Cinnamon and sweet potatoes are in this simple side dish soup. It's also good served with a sandwich for lunch or dinner.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) black beans, with liquid
- 1 package (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- Plain Greek-style yogurt, optional
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cinnamon, and cook for 6 minutes. Stir in beans, chicken broth, and sweet potato. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Let soup cool 5 minutes, puree in blender in two batches until smooth. Reheat on low until warm before serving. Top with yogurt, if desired.