Servings: 12 Yield: 12 sliders Active Time 20 mins Total Time 20 mins
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 12 ounces ground beef sirloin (90% lean)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Provolone cheese, cut into thirds
- 12 whole-wheat cocktail buns, split and toasted
- 12 2-inch square pieces jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 12 small lettuce leaves
1. In a food processor combine the mushrooms and shallot. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir gently until combined. Form mixture into 12, 2 1/2-inch patties.
2. Cook the patties on the greased rack of a covered gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Turn once and top with cheese. Cover an grill 4 to 5 minutes more or until beef reaches 160 degrees F. Divide among bun bottoms and top with peppers, lettuce, and top buns.
- For a full size burger, form the meat mixture into four 4-inch patties. Grill for 8 minutes, turn, add cheese, and grill for 4 to 6 minutes more or until 160 degrees F. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 175, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 1166, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 22, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 379, Potassium (mg): 288, calcium (mg): 115, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.