A light butter and caper sauce flavors the fish in this 20 minute dinner recipe.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound (about 6) tilapia fillets
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons nonpareil capers, rinsed and drained, optional
1. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge fish in flour mixture, coating well.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add fish and cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook another minute. Transfer fish to a platter and keep warm.
3. Increase heat to high, add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup; it'll take about 3 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water; whisk into broth. Cook another minute, then stir in lemon juice, butter, parsley, and capers, if you're using them. Spoon the sauce over fish.