A seasoned bread crumb and peanut topping adds a crunchy texture to this simple scallop recipe that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, including just five minutes in the microwave.
- 1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- Green beans and red peppers, optional
1. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, peanuts, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and ginger. Set aside.
2. Spray a microwave-safe 9-inch glass pie dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place scallops in the dish and brush with the olive oil. Spoon peanut mixture over the scallops.
3. Loosely cover the pie dish with microwave-safe plastic wrap and vent slightly on one side. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
4. Serve with steamed green beans and red peppers, if desired.