Smoky Maple-Rubbed Salmon
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 5 ounces each), scrubbed and patted dry
- 4 pieces salmon fillet (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple seasoning
- 1 1 pound large bunch kale, rinsed, cut into 2-inch pieces and rough ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with foil.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, place salmon fillets, skin-side down, in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the seasoning evenly over each fillet. After sweet potatoes have baked 25 minutes, place salmon in oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
4. While potatoes and salmon are baking, prepare kale. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, until golden. Add kale, salt and red pepper and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.