Mediterranean Fish Casserole
This hearty casserole recipe features cod, potatoes, peppers, olives, and tomatoes seasoned with garlic, parsley, and a hint of lemon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small white potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large Italian frying peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 3/4 inch-thick U.S. Pacific-caught cod or halibut fillets, about 5 ounces each
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an oval 2-quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread potatoes and peppers over bottom of the dish. Season with 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Scatter garlic over potatoes and peppers. Season fish with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper and place on top of the potatoes. Distribute olives and tomatoes over the casserole. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 272, Fat, total(g): 8, chol.(mg): 54, sat. fat(g): 1, carb.(g): 26, fiber(g): 4, pro.(g): 26, sodium(mg): 417, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.