Flounder with Spicy Cherry Tomato Sauce
Red pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic salt spice up this saucy flounder recipe that's conveniently cooked in the microwave.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, cut in half
- 4 flounder fillets, 5 to 6 ounces each
- Mashed potatoes and salad, optional
1. Place tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic salt, oregano and red pepper flakes in an 11 x 7 x 2-inch microwave-safe dish. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and vent at one corner. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
2. Uncover and stir in olives. Fold flounder fillets in half and tuck into sauce. Spoon sauce over fillets. Cover and vent. Microwave for 5 minutes. Stir sauce and spoon over fillets. Microwave an additional 2 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes, covered.
3. Serve warm, with mashed potatoes and a green salad, if desired.