Cilantro Mint Sauce
Pine nuts provide the body for this fresh mint and cilantro sauce. Serve it with grilled chicken or fish, or use it as a spread in sandwiches or wraps.
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch mint leaves (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Combine cilantro, mint, pine nuts, broth, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes in a blender. Puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for up to three days.