Add condiments at the picnic (its easy if you bring them in squeeze bottles) so kids can decide what they want on their sandwich.
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 slices low-sodium deli roast beef
- 6 thin slices cucumber
- 3 slices low-sodium ham
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 3 slices low-sodium smoked turkey
- 3 slices reduced-fat Colby
1. Using the breads, make three of each kind of the following sandwiches: chocolate-hazelnut spread with raspberry jam; roast beef and cucumber slices; ham and provolone; and turkey with Colby.
2. With 1-1/2 to 3 cookie cutters, make the sandwiches into shapes. We used Wiltons flower cut-out set ($4; wilton.com) and the Daisy Petal Cutter ($1; surlatable.com). Cut center of top bread slices so filling shows through.