This quick and easy recipe employs the timesaving ingredients of microwave rice and ready-to-eat surimi. The delicious result is a refreshing main dish salad perfect for hot summer nights.
- 2 8.8 ounce packages microwaveable rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups surimi (about 8 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves (from 1 small head), rinsed and dried
- 6 tablespoons finely crushed wasabi peas (optional)
1. Microwave each rice package for 90 seconds. Place rice in medium-size bowl and stir in vinegar, sugar and salt; let sit 10 minutes.
2. While rice sits, cut each avocado in half. Cut 3 of the halves into 1/2-inch chunks. Cut remaining half into 12 slices; set aside.
3. Gently stir avocado chunks, cucumber and surimi into rice.
4. Fan 2 lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with 1 cup rice mixture; repeat for 6 servings. Garnish each with two avocado slices and 1 tablespoon crushed wasabi peas, if desired.