Healthy Fried Rice
You can serve this 15-minute side dish with chicken or beef for dinner or make it a light meatless meal.
- 1 8.8 ounce package cooked brown rice
- 1 16 ounce package desired mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 cup frozen peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon purchased stir-fry sauce
- 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
- Lime wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Heat 2 tsp. canola oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium. Whisk eggs and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up eggs, until set. Remove from pan. Add remaining 2 tsp. oil to the skillet and then increase the heat to medium-high. Stir in the frozen vegetables; cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add stir-fry sauce and crushed red pepper to the skillet. Stir in rice and heat through, then mix in the cooked eggs. Let your kids squeeze on lime juice, to give the dish extra flavor.