Breadstick dough is seasoned with pesto then rolled up to look like a snail for these fun snacks. Or serve them with soups and salads for dinner.
- 1 tube (11 oz.) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
- Coarsely shredded carrots
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough and separate at perforations into strips. Spread strips with pesto and roll up into a coil, leaving a curved end, so it looks like the head of the snail. Secure with a toothpick. Place upright on a baking sheet.
2. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden. To serve, use the tip of a sharp knife to poke holes for antennae; insert two carrot slivers. Refrigerate for up to 2 days; reheat at 350 degrees F. Makes 12.