Spicy Turkey Lasagna
Come home to ready-to-eat lasagna with a slow cooker recipe that has yummy layers of noodles, spicy turkey, pasta sauce, and spinach-ricotta filling.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta
- 2 cups (8-ounce package) shredded Italian-blend cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 lasagna noodles (12 ounces), uncooked and broken in half
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms and green pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. In nonstick skillet, brown turkey over medium-high, breaking up clumps, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper flakes. Remove from heat.
2. In bowl, mix ricotta, cheese blend and spinach.
3. In oval 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, layer half the noodles, overlapping as necessary. Spoon on half the meat mixture. Pour on half the pasta sauce and half the water. Spread half the cheese mixture on top. Repeat layering.
4. Cover slow cooker; cook on low heat 4-1/2 hours.
5. To serve, cut into 8 equal pieces. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 8 servings.