Lemon juice and capers add a tangy flavor to this low-calorie pork cutlet recipe that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- 8 thin boneless skinless pork cutlets (about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mashed potatoes and peas, and lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish, optional
1. Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and shake off excess. Discard remaining flour.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute for 2 minutes per side. Remove pork to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add broth and simmer 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in the capers and lemon juice. Return the pork to the skillet and simmer gently for about 1 to 2 minutes, until pork is heated through. Whisk in the butter.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes and peas, and garnish with lemon and parsley, if desired.