Ginger Teriyaki Slider
- 1 package (12 per package) mini soft dinner rolls (such as King's Hawaiian)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and cut up, plus more chopped scallions, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons peeled and coarsely chopped fresh ginger (1-inch piece)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon teriyaki stir-fry sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat broiler. Line a baking pan with foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Wrap rolls in foil and place in lower part of oven to warm.
2. In a mini chopper, combine mushrooms, 2 of the scallions and the ginger. Pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium-size bowl and add pork, 1/4 cup of the stir-fry sauce and the bread crumbs. Stir to blend.
3. Shape mixture into 12 equal-size patties, a scant 1/4 cup for each. Place patties on prepared baking pan; broil 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes, turning once, until instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees when inserted into center of burgers.
4. Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, remaining 1 teaspoon teriyaki stir-fry sauce and the sugar in a small bowl. Split rolls and top each with a burger. Spread 1 teaspoon teriyaki mayonnaise on each roll; sprinkle with scallion.