These five-ingredient grilled sandwiches are not only a quick and easy recipe idea, it's a great way to use leftover pork.
- 1 12 ounce crusty Italian bread
- 4 dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 pound roast pork, sliced (about 8-1/4-inch-thick slices)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (about 1 ounce each)
- 8 teaspoons yellow mustard
1. Heat grill or grill pan. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then crosswise into four equal pieces. Layer each bottom piece with a sliced pickle, 2 slices of the pork and 1 slice of cheese. Spread the cut-side of each top piece with 2 teaspoons mustard.
2. Stack tops onto bottom pieces, and flatten to 1/3 original thickness. Place sandwiches on heated grill and weigh down with a heavy pot. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until nicely grilled and cheese melts. Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.