Creamy Ham Salad with Corn Muffins
Fresh peaches add a pleasant sweetness to this summertime ham salad served in sweet pepper cups. The quick and easy dressing is made with whipped cream cheese, sweet onion, and Dijon mustard.
- 1 slice cooked ham (1/2 inch thick, about 11 ounces)
- 2 peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 corn muffins
1. Cut ham into 1/2-inch cubes; place in medium-size bowl. Add peaches to bowl.
2. Cut top third off of red peppers; remove stem and chop top of pepper into 1/4-inch pieces; stir into ham mixture. Remove seeds and white ribs from bottom two-thirds of peppers; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, onion and mustard. Add to ham mixture and gently stir until combined and all ingredients are coated with the dressing.
4. Spoon 1-1/2 cups salad into each red pepper cup and serve with half of a corn muffin on the side.