Country-Style Barbecue Ribs
For a great weeknight main dish, get out your slow cooker. The homemade sweet and tangy barbecue sauce makes these pork ribs delicious.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs
1. In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, mustard, hot sauce and liquid smoke.
2. Place pork ribs in the slow cooker insert and pour 1 cup sauce over top, reserving the rest for later. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 9 hours or until very tender.
3. Remove ribs from slow cooker and brush with reserved sauce.