Asian Sausage Stew
Teriyaki sauce and red pepper flakes boost the flavor of this quick and easy stew. The savory broth is filled with mushrooms, carrot slices, snow peas, chicken sausage, and pasta for a filling meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 8 ounce carton sliced mixed mushrooms
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 12 ounce package teriyaki-flavored cooked chicken sausage
- 1 16 ounce bag baby carrots
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup light teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound angel hair, broken into thirds
- Chives for garnish, optional
1. Heat oil in large nonstick saucepan. Add onion and sliced mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat about 7 minutes or until softened. Add broth and 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
2. Cut sausage on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices; cut carrots in half on the diagonal. Add to saucepan along with snow peas and red pepper flakes. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Raise heat to medium; add teriyaki sauce and cornstarch mixture. Simmer 2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in angel hair; simmer 4 minutes or until pasta is cooked. Serve garnished with chives, if desired.