Apple-Cinnamon Pork Roast
A lean pork tenderloin is cooked with apples, onion, and coleslaw mix in this slow cooker dinner recipe.
- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound boneless pork-loin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 Jonagold or McIntosh apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
1. If the roast wont fit in your 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, trim it and save the pieces for stir-fry later in the week. Then sprinkle the roast with thyme, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
2. Layer the onion on the bottom of your slow cooker. Place roast on top and pour on the apple cider- we prefer cider because it has a bit more fiber. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Toss apples with lemon juice and cinnamon. Add them and the coleslaw mix to your slow cooker. Cover and heat 10 minutes more.
3. Remove the roast and place it on a platter. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables and apple slices to the platter. Drizzle any remaining cooking juices over meat and vegetables.
TipFor Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.