If your kids don't like breakfast, try this recipe. It's a savory pizza served on an English muffin.
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 slices Canadian-style bacon, cooked and cut into strips
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Spread the cut sides of 4 of the muffin halves with a tablespoon each of pizza sauce. Divide bacon strips, tomato slices, and shredded cheese among muffins. Place muffin top on each half. Wrap each pizza muffin in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
2. To serve, unwrap each sandwich and heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute to warm.