Basic Pizza Dough
This simple 4-ingredient dough makes enough for four mini crusts.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix 1-3/4 cups flour with yeast and salt; add warm water and oil. Beat with a whisk for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in another 1-1/4 cups flour, or enough so mixture holds together. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead in 1/4 to 1/2 cup more flour - stop once it's lump-free. Wrap half the dough in plastic and freeze for later use; cover remainder and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 4 portions and roll each into a 6-inch circle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Build up edges slightly; prick bottom of crusts. Bake about 8 minutes. Spread sauce and toppings onto crust and bake for another 8 minutes.