Slow-Cooker Apple Crisp
Easy to prepare in the slow cooker, this classic fruit recipe is the perfect weeknight dessert. Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (10 cups)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Coat 2- to 4-quart slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.Topping:
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add butter; work into flour mixture using a pastry blender or fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans and set aside.Filling:
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon. Stir in apples; toss to coat.
4. Spoon apple mixture into slow cooker and sprinkle topping over it. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, or until apples are tender. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.