- 1 12 ounce package all-butter loaf or pound cake, quartered
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 5 Rome apples, (about 2 pounds), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 4.4 ounce packages fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut up
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart deep baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place pound cake in a food processor. Pulse until crumbs are formed (you may need to start with half the cake and then add in second half). Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in melted butter, almonds, and 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice.
3. In a second large bowl, combine apple slices, blueberries, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Toss to combine.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup crumb mixture into bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of the apple mixture and half of the remaining crumb mixture. Repeat, ending with crumb mixture. Dot top of crumbs with butter pieces and cover dish with foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then uncover and continue to bake for another 30 minutes. remove from oven; cool at least 15 minutes before serving.