Cooked carrots are blended with canned tomatoes to make a simple sauce for pasta in this meatless meal.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic or 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces dried multigrain penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the carrots in lightly salted boiling water in a covered saucepan for 10 minutes or until they're tender. Use a food processor to puree both the carrots and the tomatoes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Add tomato sauce and heat through on medium. Serve with Parmesan.