- 1 package (16 ounces) cheese- or beef-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Butter a shallow 1-1/2- to 2-quart casserole dish. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce. In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir constantly for 1 minute, until a smooth paste forms. Slowly add milk, whisking with a wire whisk until smooth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until sauce bubbles and thickens. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and salt. Remove from heat.
3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Toss with white sauce and transfer to prepared casserole; sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.