Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
You can have this quick salad on the table in less time than it takes to pick up take-out. Using strips of rotisserie chicken and ramen noodles keeps prep time down to 20 minutes.
- 1 rotisserie chicken (2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 2 3 ounce packages ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 scallions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, pared, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1. Discard skin from rotisserie chicken. Remove meat; cut into strips. In medium-size saucepan, bring water to boiling. Break each package of noodles into 4 (save seasoning packets for future use). Add ramen noodles to boiling water. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, salt and cayenne until smooth. Add chicken, scallions and cucumber to peanut butter mixture.
3. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Add to large bowl with chicken mixture; toss thoroughly.