This pasta one-dish meal combines all the Mexican flavors and spices that taco lovers enjoy. Try this vegetarian recipe on a weeknight when you need a meal in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 pound wagon wheel-shaped pasta
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can mild enchilada sauce (such as Old El Paso)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 ounce package soy crumbles (such as Morningstar Farms)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta following package directions. Drain and return to pot.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce. In a large skillet, stir together beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt. Break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the soy crumbles and simmer for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir the sauce into pot with pasta. Add half of the cheese, and stir to blend.
4. Spoon pasta into a large serving bowl and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top. Serve immediately.