super-easy macaroni and cheese
Put away the saucepan. This easy macaroni and cheese casserole cooks completely in the oven. You will need to stir it a few times during baking, and add the cheese just before serving, but the results are as creamy and cheesy as the original.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium-size baking dish (about 8 x 10 inches), combine broth, macaroni, evaporated milk, butter, flour, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Stir after 15 minutes and again after 30 minutes. Remove from oven; stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.