Stir-Fried Brown Rice Noodles
- 1/2 14 ounce package brown rice fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods, chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp in shells, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 14 - 15 ounce can baby corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, about 13 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon cold water; set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat with oil; add the garlic, ginger, snow peas, and shrimp. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the carrots and corn. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until shrimp are cooked through and pink.
4. Create a well in the center of the wok or skillet and pour in the soy sauce mixture. Heat for 20 seconds or until it starts to thicken. Add the drained noodles to the pan and stir-fry for 1 minute or until coated and heated through.