Smoky Mac & Cheese
Hickory-smoked bacon, mesquite flavoring, and smoked paprika add a triple dose of flavors to this macaroni and cheese recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
- 8 ounces shell macaroni or mini wheels
- 8 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon mesquite flavoring
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet pepper seasoning blend (such as McCormick)
- 1/2 - 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon, crisply fried and broken into pieces
1. Cook macaroni in large pot of lightly salted water according to package directions. Drain and put in large baking dish.
2. Mix in Cheddar cheese, American cheese, mesquite flavoring, paprika and sweet pepper seasoning blend. Stir until cheese melts, adding milk for desired creaminess.
3. Sprinkle bacon on top. Cover and vent in the corners. Microwave 3 minutes at 50% power. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal.(kcal): 397, Fat, total(g): 20, chol.(mg): 67, sat. fat(g): 13, carb.(g): 33, fiber(g): 2, pro.(g): 20, sodium(mg): 690, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.