Kids will like the mini cheese ravioli used in this main dish soup. It's made with ground turkey, which keeps it low in fat and calories.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 7 ounce package refrigerated mini three-cheese ravioli, such as Buitoni
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with vegetable cooking spray. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, sage, pepper and salt in a bowl; shape into 48 meatballs. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until browned.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan combine broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, and carrots. Boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Cut up beans and stir into broth with ravioli. Cook, covered, 5 minutes more. Add meatballs to serve.