Servings: 4 Start to Finish 40 mins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini (about 2 medium squash)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small or 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound farfalle or other dried pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When its hot, add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes; cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the corn and green beans to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn and beans are just tender, about 5 minutes more.
2. Add pasta to boiling water and prepare as directed. When the pasta is done, drain it and toss with the zucchini mixture and the Parmesan. Taste and adjust the seasoning, garnish with basil if you like, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 440, Fat, total (g): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 68, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 262, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.