Pasta with Ham and Peas
- 1 box (13.25 ounces) whole-wheat rotini pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 packages (4.4 ounces each) reduced-fat herbed soft cheese (such as Boursin Light Garlic & Herb)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- 8 ounces sliced low-sodium ham, cut into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 13 minutes or until tender. When there is 1 minute cook time remaining, add peas to pasta water.
2. Drain pasta mixture, setting aside 1 cup pasta water. Return pasta and peas to pot and stir in cheeses and ham. Stir until well blended, adding pasta water by the tablespoonful if mixture appears dry.