Fusilli With Lima Beans, Cabbage, and Shrimp
- 8 ounces fusilli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken or other stock
- 3 cups lima beans, frozen
- 3 cups chopped cabbage, preferably savoy or napa
- 1/2 - 3/4 pound shrimp, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and salt it. Add the pasta and cook until tender but not mushy, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; when hot, add the onion and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the stock and lima beans to the pan, and cook until the lima beans are tender. Then add the cabbage and cook until just wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper; continue cooking until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. If it seems dry, add a little more stock or water; it should be moist but not soupy.
3. Add the pasta to the bean mixture and stir gently. Taste and adjust the seasoning, sprinkle with Parmesan.