Gazpacho Pasta Salad
Just like the soup it is named after, this side-dish pasta salad is full of tomatoes, sweet pepper, and cucumber.
- 8 ounces pipette or cavatappi pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with jalapeno chiles
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about 1-1/4 cups)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Cook pasta in large, deep pot of lightly salted water until al dente, firm yet tender, following package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika and salt. Add tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, celery and cucumber; toss to mix. Add pasta; toss to coat.
3. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes to chill.